WHAT IS ROLLABLE RIBBON?
Double Density with Ribbon Splicing Benefits
Rollable ribbon technology is the newest optical fiber ribbon design from OFS.
To form these ribbons, fibers are partially bonded to each other at intermittent points.
This design not only enables mass fusion ribbon splicing but allows for easier individual fiber breakout than flat ribbons. The preferential bending plane of the rollable ribbons facilitates rolling and routing in smaller closures and splice trays, similar to individual fibers.
When you need a fiber-dense yet compact cabling solution for high-bandwidth, high-density applications, look to the R-Pack™ Rollable Ribbon (RR) Backbone Fiber Optic Cable. As the newest member of our award-winning Premises Rollable Ribbon cable portfolio, this cable marks a key step forward in premises building cable innovation.
Some of the FEATURES
- First and only central core rollable ribbon cable design with linear strength elements and a central core tube as a protective layer around the ribbons
- Robust and familiar central core cable design optimized for strength and cost effectiveness
- Maximum cable length offerings based on processing parameters and design
- Metallic cables among the smallest, high-density armored cables available today
- Optimized for mid-sheath openings and access networks for all outside plant cable markets
- Initial fiber counts from 144 fibers to 432 fibers; offerings of 12 to 96 fibers in late 2019